Although there are different styles of roulette games, the French style version does not vary much from other alternatives. The idea is that the bettors place their gambles on the numbers and/or the colours they choose. The wheel in this version has 37 slots that are red and black. One of those slots is green and it contains the single zero.
There are a few important characteristics that make the French style roulette game different to the other versions. The first you need to take into account is that the numbers in the grid are all red. This wheel also has one single zero slot that represent the percentage the gambling house for each roulette game.
Another thing you need to bear in mind is that when you have a French roulette game you can make of a strategy called “La partage”. With this strategy if you gamble on the zero, all the different bettors that have equal amount of money don’t lose everything they gambled but only half of it. One thing you need to remember is that all the terms are in French and that you will have the chance to place a gamble called “Call gamble”.
- Neighbours of zero: in this kind of gamble you can place your wager on the numbers 0, 2, 3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 18, 19, 21, 22, 25, 26, 28, 29, 32, and 35.
- Tiers du cylinder: in this kind of gamble you can place your wager on the numbers 5, 8, 10, 11, 13, 16, 23, 24, 26, 27, 30, and 33, which are all facing the zero slots.
- Orphans: in this kind of gamble you place your wager on the numbers 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 31, and 34.
- Finales en plein (straight gamble): in this kind of gamble you can place your wager on the numbers that contain the selected digit.
- Finales a cheval (split gamble): in this kind of gamble you place your wager on the numbers that contain one or two of the selected digits.